Effective Date: 05/14/2012
Types of Information We May Collect
Information you provide directly to us: You do not have to identify yourself to use the Site. If you choose to give us information about yourself, you decide how much information to provide. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or contact us directly:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, and mobile number
- User name and password
- Demographic information, such as gender, date of birth, and zip code
- Information posted in comments and other interactive online features
- In limited circumstances, payment information, such as credit card number, where needed to complete a requested service or transaction
- Correspondence you send to us
Information we collect automatically: We may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Site, including:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet
- Websites you visited before and after visiting the Site
- Web pages you view and links you click on within the Site
- Standard server log information
Whether We Disclose the Information We Collect
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We may disclose information we collect in the following circumstances:
- Information posted in public forums. By posting comments on the Site, your comments, along with you first name, city, and state will be available to the public. Please remember that any information you disclose in public forums becomes public information. We cannot prevent such information from being used by third parties in a manner that may violate the law or your personal privacy or safety.
- Third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, such as customer support, email message deployment, analytics, marketing, and data processing]. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purposes.
- Third-party partners. We may share your information with organizations with similar political objectives and viewpoints for the purpose of advancing our own political objectives.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of the Site, a merger or consolidation, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations. We are required by state law to collect and report the name, address, occupation, and employer of individuals who make contributions to icPurple. This information is made publicly available by the government agencies with whom the committee files its reports.
Otherwise with your consent.
How To Exercise Choice
You may choose to enjoy certain content and features on the Site without directly providing us with any information about you. Subscribers to our email list may terminate their subscriptions via the link provided at the bottom of each email sent from PrioritiesUSAaction.org.
How To Access and Correct Information about You
You may change your subscriber information or certain other information about you that is maintained by us and is readily accessible in the ordinary course of business by contacting us at icPurple.org. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it.